All you need to know about Every Door Direct Mailing
You’ve probably heard that the 40/40/20 rule of direct marketing states 40 percent of your success – or lack thereof – is dependent on the quality of your mailing list. That’s great information to know, but it’s often daunting for locally based startups and small businesses that have not yet established quality mailing lists. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to make sure your message reaches a locally-targeted audience: Every Door Direct Mail postcards.
EDDM postcard marketing lets you send postcards, regarded as some of the most powerful direct-mail marketing tools, to every single household, business, or both within a defined geographic area. With EDDM postcard marketing, you simply:
- Select your target mailing area by zip code or city/state using the USPS EDDM tool (you can mail up to 5,000 pieces at once
- Develop a special time-limited offer that customers will want to take advantage of
- Design an attention-getting postcard and include a tracking mechanism, such as a coupon or coupon code
- Print your postcard on premium paper stocks and in EDDM-compliant sizes
- Deliver your postcards to the Post Office – they’ll handle the rest
EDDM postcard mailing can help locally based small businesses reach all local customers at relatively low postage rates. They’re a great way for startups to jump-start their businesses, and for established businesses to target local customers. Companies located in small cities and villages can use EDDM postcards to blanket their entire communities, while those located in larger areas can target specific neighborhoods at budget-friendly prices.
As mentioned, EDDM allows you to choose between residential and commercial properties (or both), so you can launch an affordable EDDM postcard campaign whether you’re a B2C or B2B company.
A great mailing list is critical to direct-mail postcard marketing success, but you don’t have to spend countless hours building a custom mailing list when you can take advantage of EDDM postcard marketing.
For more information on EDDM criteria contact a WePrintQuick sales rep.